The incumbent will have responsibility to undertake research and analysis for the assessment of the environmental impact of development/improvement projects in urban and regional areas and assist in policy development and planning analysis.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
• A Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Planning/Management, Natural Resource Management, Ecology, Marine Biology or Environmental Biology
• A minimum of two (2) years post qualification experience as an Environmental Officer or in a similar capacity
• Working knowledge of urban and regional planning
• Sound knowledge of local and international environmental management standards, legislation and policies
• Working knowledge of project management
• Working knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office and Environmental Management System (EMS)
Human Resource Management
Corporate Services Division
Urban Development Corporation
12 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston Mall, Jamaica W.I.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.