Reporting to the Director Strategic Sourcing and Procurement, the Procurement Manager will have responsibility to execute the sourcing and procurement function of the Corporation, while optimizing cost savings within the framework of Government of Jamaica Procurement Guidelines and the Corporation’s financial strategy.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelors Degree in Management Studies, Business Administration or equivalent from an accredited tertiary institution.
- At least five (5) years experience working with government procurement management, three (3) of which should be at a supervisory or managerial level.
- Sound knowledge of Government of Jamaica Procurement Guidelines
- Sound knowledge of contract documentation and contract administration procedures
- Working knowledge of project management
- Knowledge of auditing would be an asset
- Knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Office
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills
- Good planning, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats
- Ability to complete projects within specific timeframes
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to act with integrity and diplomacy
- Excellent time management skills
Applications with Curriculum Vitae should be sent no later than January 21, 2019 to:
Human Resource Management
Urban Development Corporation
12 Ocean Boulevard
e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.