THE URBAN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION REQUIRES A DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC SOURCING AND PROCUREMENT
Reporting to the Deputy General Manager – Corporate Services, the Director Strategic Sourcing and Procurement will have responsibility for the management of the Sourcing and Procurement function of the Corporation, while optimizing cost savings within the framework of Government of Jamaica’s Procurement Guidelines and the Corporation’s financial strategy.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Management Studies, Business Administration or equivalent from an accredited tertiary institution.
- At least five (5) years related experience three (3) of which should be at a supervisory or managerial level.
- Excellent knowledge of Government of Jamaica Procurement Guidelines
- Excellent knowledge of contract documentation and contract administration procedures
- Sound knowledge of Project Management principles
- Sound knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Office
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Excellent Administrative and Interpersonal skills
- Superior planning, organizational, and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to complete projects within specific timeframes
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Must possess the ability to work on own initiative
- Must be able to act with integrity and diplomacy
- Excellent time management skills
Applications with Curriculum Vitae should be sent no later than January 21, 2022 to:
Urban Development Corporation
12 Ocean Boulevard
e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.