THE URBAN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
ACCOUNTING MANAGER –
RUNAWAYBAY WATER COMPANY (RBWCo) (CONTRACT)
The incumbent will have responsibility to manage the financial and accounting operations of Runaway Bay Water Company Limited. The key functions include the Company’s budgetary and financial controls, its compliance with the Government of Jamaica and the UDC’s Procurement Guidelines, Financial Policies and Procedures and meeting the requirements of the Public Bodies Management and Accountability Act and all deadlines for the presentation of Financial Reports both external and internal.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
· BSc in Business Administration- (Accounting major) from a recognized University or have completed level 2 ACCA
· A minimum of five (5) years accounting experience in a middle management position Experience in design, development and implementation of management and control systems
· Experience in the GOJ reporting requirement would be an asset
· Sound knowledge of financial and management accounting principles and practices.
· Sound knowledge of International Accounting Standards as per the ICAJ and Company’s Act requirements
· Sound knowledge of relevant computer applications and accounting software including Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft Reporting Requirement.
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
· Ability to analyse financial statements and management reports.
· Well-developed critical thinking and analytical skills
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
· Sound leadership skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Ability to multitask
Applications with Curriculum Vitae should be sent no later than September 7, 2022 to:
Human Resource Management
Urban Development Corporation
12 Ocean Boulevard
e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted