URBAN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION REQUIRES A SENIOR RESEARCH OFFICER (CONTRACT)
The incumbent will have responsibility to supervise the acquisition, analysis and interpretation of macroeconomic, industry and company specific data to guide the development of UDC’s project initiatives. Develop, monitor and maintain databases of social, economic, financial and industry parameters to provide for the internal and external research needs of the Corporation. Evaluate the effectiveness of corporate strategies, projects and processes in order to augment the decision-making process of the Corporation. Prepare and deliver presentations on research work undertaken by the Research Unit to facilitate decision making at the Corporation.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
· A first degree in Business Administration, Management Studies, Economics, Statistics, Finance or related area from an accredited tertiary institution.
· At least three (3) years’ experience working in an information driven, corporate planning or research environment with specialized qualification in social or economic survey or investigation
· Sound knowledge of business research including market research
· Sound knowledge of statistical methods, survey designs and investigative programme investigation.
A sound knowledge of SPSS, Excel, Access, statistical and other database software
Required Skills and Specialised Techniques
· Ability to communicate effectively both in oral and written formats.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Adept in qualitative and quantitative analysis, research design and technical report writing
· Sound leadership and management skills
· Able to use initiative and undertake multiple assignments simultaneously
· Flexible team- player
Applications with Curriculum Vitae should be sent no later than September 7, 2022 to:
Urban Development Corporation
12 Ocean Boulevard
or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.