THE URBAN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION REQUIRES ANLANDSCAPE ARCHITECT (CONTRACT)
The incumbent plans, designs and administers the development of land areas for projects, in accordance with the client’s briefing, supervises the activities of landscape staff and other team members involved with this aspect (dealing with public, urban, residential, rural and heritage landscapes and natural environments) of the projects, supporting the Team Leader and Chief Architect to ensure successful design and execution.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
· Post Graduate Degree in Landscape Architecture
· Minimum of three (3) years’ practical post qualification experience
· First Degree in a related field plus 5 years practical experience designing and managing landscape projects
· High design standards with expert knowledge of soil conditions and various planting materials.
· Knowledge of climate change adaptation issues impacting softscape planning and designs
· Sound knowledge of Project Management techniques.
· Sound knowledge of land development contract.
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
· Sound analytical and problem-solving skills ensuring that solutions are both functional and aesthetical
· Expert drafting skills
· Sound Computer Aided Designed and word-processing software skills
· Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and visual forms
· Excellent human relations skills
· Ability to work to operate within a multidisciplinary environment
· Ability to manage a series of landscape projects of varying sizes at various stages of development.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae should be sent no later than September 28, 2022 to:
Human Resource Management
Urban Development Corporation
12 Ocean Boulevard
e-mail to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted