THE URBAN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION REQUIRES AN SENIOR ELECTRICAL/MECHANICAL ENGINEER (CONTRACT)
The Senior Electrical / Mechanical (E&M) Engineer is required to provide his/her technical expertise towards the production, management and coordination of design of electrical and mechanical building services to include ventilation, cooling, pumps and pipe works, as well as the supervision of related works. He or she is responsible for managing and mentoring staff under his/her supervision to ensure the production of high quality, current, efficient designs, and documentation. Further, the Senior (E&M) Engineer is to ensure that design and site works are carried out on time and within budget.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
· Advanced University degree (Masters or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
· University Degree (bachelor’s degree / first level) in Electrical Engineering with seven (7) additional years of relevant work experience will be accepted in lieu of Master’s Degree requirement.
· Minimum of five (5) years in the planning, design and execution of infrastructure projects.
· Demonstrable experience in designing and managing projects at a Senior level, to include managing projects funded by the GOJ and international agencies/organizations.
· Project Management, LEED certifications or equivalent and formal training and/or certification in Technical Specification writing are assets.
· Sound Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering and Systems
· Sound knowledge of the local regulatory framework, as well as standards, codes, standard method of measurement and best practices for the built environment
· Expert knowledge of project life-cycle methodologies, cost benefit analysis and energy management and cost analysis as related to electrical design solutions.
· Sound knowledge of financial management and Procurement principles and techniques.
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
· Demonstrate high level of functionality and competence in communicating and engaging stakeholders, including internal facilitation across organizational business units.
· Excellent human relations skills and proven ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team
· Ability to use Project Management software e.g. Microsoft Projects and Practical experience with AutoCAD
· Negotiation and problem-solving skills
· Ability to communicate complex information clearly and succinctly
· Ability to drive results and meet tight timelines and cost objectives
Applications with Curriculum Vitae should be sent no later than September 28, 2022 to:
Human Resource Management
Urban Development Corporation
12 Ocean Boulevard
e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted