THE URBAN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION REQUIRES A SENIOR DRAUGHTSMAN (CONTRACT)
The Senior Draughtsman is required to provide his/her technical expertise towards creating traditional designs from preliminary concepts and sketches, verifying that drawings meet required specifications, and further creating technical documents and reports. He or she is responsible for working with other skills sets within the team to produce high quality, current, efficient designs, and documentation.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
• University Degree (bachelor’s degree / first level) in Draughting or Engineering or relevant with five (5) years of relevant work experience
• Sound Knowledge of Engineering and/or Architecture and Systems
• Minimum of five (5) years in design of infrastructure projects to include inter alia roads, buildings, parks, parking structures, conference spaces, commercial centres.
• Demonstrable experience in designing infrastructure projects Demonstrate high level of functionality and competence in communicating and engaging stakeholders, including internal facilitation across organizational business units.
• Project Management, or equivalent and formal training and/or certification in Technical Specification writing are assets.
• Sound knowledge of the local regulatory framework, as well as standards, codes, standard method of measurement and best practices for the built environment
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
• Expert with computer-aided design (CAD) software and manual drafting workstations
• Excellent human relations skills and proven ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
• Ability to work on and deliver on more than one project at a time
• Commitment to a high level of detail and accuracy
• Negotiation and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate complex information clearly and succinctly
• Ability to drive results and meet tight timelines and cost objectives
Applications with Curriculum Vitae should be emailed no later than
October 31, 2022 to:
Urban Development Corporation
12 Ocean Boulevard
e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.