THE URBAN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION REQUIRES A SENIOR ELECTRICAL/MECHANICAL ENGINEER (CONTRACT)
The Senior Electrical / Mechanical (E&M) Engineer is required to provide his/her technical expertise towards the design of electrical and mechanical building services to include ventilation, cooling, pumps and pipe works, as well as the supervision of related works. He or she is responsible for working with other skills sets within the team to produce high quality, current, efficient designs, and documentation. Further the Senior Electrical / Mechanical (E&M) Engineer is to ensure that design and site works are carried out on time and within budget.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
• Advanced university degree (master or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
• University Degree (bachelor’s degree / first level) in Electrical Engineering with five (5) additional years of relevant work experience will be accepted in lieu of Master’s Degree requirement.
• Sound Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering and Systems
• Minimum of five (5) years in the planning, design and execution of infrastructure projects.
• Demonstrable experience in designing and managing projects a Senior level, to include managing projects funded by the GOJ and international agencies/organizations.
• Demonstrate high level of functionality and competence in communicating and engaging stakeholders, including internal facilitation across organizational business units.
• Project Management, LEED certifications or equivalent and formal training and/or certification in Technical Specification writing are assets.
• Sound knowledge of the local regulatory framework, as well as standards, codes, standard method of measurement and best practices for the built environment
• Expert knowledge of project life-cycle methodologies, cost benefit analysis and energy management and cost analysis as related to electrical design solutions.
• Sound knowledge of financial management and Procurement principles and techniques.
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
• Excellent human relations skills and proven ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
• Ability to use Project Management software e.g. Microsoft Projects and Practical experience with AutoCAD
• Professional Registration
• Negotiation and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate complex information clearly and succinctly
• Ability to drive results and meet tight timelines and cost objectives
Applications with Curriculum Vitae should be emailed no later than
October 31, 2022 to:
Urban Development Corporation
12 Ocean Boulevard
e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.