The Chief Privacy Officer (CPO) has responsibility for ensuring the Corporation’s compliance with its obligations under the Data Protection Act, 2020. The incumbent will oversee and manage the strategy, planning, implementation, oversight, auditing, monitoring, and ongoing operations in furtherance of data protection compliance within the Corporation.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelor of Laws or a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security or Information Technology or Computer Science or any other related field; and
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) or Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification.
- Sound knowledge of Data Protection Laws;
- Experience in assessing privacy risks.
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to deliver results through people
- Ability to train employees at all levels
- Interpersonal flexibility with the ability to effectively communicate with all relevant business functionaries (Legal, IT, etc.)
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Project Management skills and ability to manage own professional development
Applications with Curriculum Vitae should be sent no later than August 31, 2023 to:
e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org