Are you interested in making development happen for Jamaica? One way of doing this, is by partnering with the UDC as an investor. Here is how:
For Advertised Investment Properties
- UDC will advertise the property with a Request for Proposal (RFP) in the print media and on its website.
- Proposals are reviewed in the context of a development plan and best use of real estate and price.
- Approval is then sought from the parent ministry for the UDC to divest.
- Negotiations will then begin with the winning proposals.
- Final agreement is then inked, between the UDC and investor, with the relevant terms and conditions.
- Project is then advanced.
For properties not advertised i.e. Unsolicited applications
- Register your interest in writing (letter or email) addressed to our General Manager.
- Applications are assessed, to determine if property can be made available
- The UDC, bound by the Government of Jamaica’s (GOJ’s) Divestment Policy, will then advertise the property, in the print media and on its website.
- Proposals received, are then assessed, in keeping with the development plan to maximise the best and highest potential use of the property and the price.
- The sale process is then advanced, upon approval from the parent ministry and relevant authorities.