• Urban Development Corporation (UDC) established by an Act of Parliament on March 21st, 1968.
• A self-financing entity mandated to be a catalyst for growth of the newly independent nation through major infrastructure development projects.
• Associated with the St. Ann Development Company (SADCo) established in 1967 to manage local assets
The First Decade
1968 - 1978
• Reclamation of land for creation of beaches in Ocho Rios and Montego Bay as well as creation of commercial development lands on Downtown Kingston Waterfront
• Acquisition of lands in Kingston, Hellshire, Ocho Rios, Negril and the opening of Fort Clarence Beach Park.
• Construction of Turtle Towers in Ocho Rios & Kingston Mall and Office Complex in Downtown Kingston. UDC head office moved from Harbour Street to Ocean Blvd.
The Second Decade
1978 - 1988
• Jamaica Conference Centre constructed as headquarters of the International Seabed Authority and opened by Queen Elizabeth II on February 15, 1983.
•Ocho Rios & Montego Bay Development including construction of cruise ship piers and residential developments at Catherine Hall, Ferngrove, Mansfield & Fisherman’s Point.
• Strategic acquisitions of 12,000+ acres of lands in the Caymanas Estates, St. Catherine for a New Town.
The Third Decade
1988 - 1998
• Led national rehabilitation &reconstruction programme after Hurricane Gilbert destruction in September 1988.
• Construction of the Point Village & Grand Lido Resort in Negril as well as completion of Bluefields Beach Park.
• Development of sports &cultural facilities under San Jose Accord including GC Foster College, Independence Park/National Stadium, Port Maria &Montego Bay Civic centres.
• Upgraded of six public hospitals under the Health Services Rationalisation Programme (HSRP)
The Fourth Decade
1998 - 2008
• Acquisition of Green Grotto Caves, St Ann in 1999, Turtle River Park, St. Ann & Long Bay Beach Park, Negril opened in 2004. Reach Falls, Portland leased & opened in February 2007.
• Construction & repair of police stations in 8 parishes and construction of seventeen (17) schools under North Western Schools Programme as well as upgrade of others island- wide.
• SoapberrySewage Treatment Plant, St Catherine opened 2008.
• Inaugural Fireworks on Kingston Waterfront hosted in 1999.
The Fifth Decade
2008 - 2018
• DK Municipal Transport Centre constructed, St. William Grant Park rehabilitated, Simon Bolivar Cultural Centre and Waterfront Festival Marketplace completed.
• Montego Bay Convention Centre, Montego Bay Sports Complex and work on Old Hospital Park completed.
• DRFP Central Gardens facilities opened 2017 with a waterslide, splash pad and 12shops.
• Major infrastructure including Water and Wastewater Systems constructed at Caymanas Estate in St Catherine.